(o) watch u

(o) watch u

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why I Love Gay Men

Though I myself am not gay, I am a firm believer in LGBT rights.
It is a modern issue in America that I feel most passionately about.
America is supposedly the land of Freedom, Happiness, and Liberty.
What better place for lesbians and gays, right?
Wrong.


http://www.eclectica.org/v10n1/orme.html

I read this short story by Timothy David Orme last night while browsing the internet and was very intrigued by what he had to say. Orme talks about the social roles that gender plays in society today and wonders if it is correct. As he sits in a strip club to prove his masculinity, he asks why it's more socially acceptable for two attractive women to feign sexual acts than for him to cross his legs when he sits.
Orme struggles with the idea of sexuality, where the line is drawn between homosexual and heterosexual, and why he feels he has to show the rest of the world he is masculine to prove he is a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment